Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Bye-o

It's 7:53 a.m. and here I sit, hot tea in hand, laptop appropriately in lap, Psych binder open. Not only is it still in the seven o'clock hour (technically), but it is in the seven o'clock hour on seis de mayo, the ensuing holiday to the much more recognized Cinco de Mayo. Not quite positive about what we as Americans are supposed to be celebrating on the fifth of May, but I can assure you we celebrate nonetheless. I can also assure you that we (by this I mean "I") pay for it on the sixth of May.

I have a test in less than two hours and instead of studying last night I gave in to the pressure of Cinco and enjoyed $1 beverages(read: coronas) with what seemed like the rest of College Park. My intentions were to study this morning; I obviously opted for the much more gratifying choice of blogging about my misjudgments.

For those of you paying the price of innocently celebrating a potentially irrelevant, yet perfectly acceptable, holiday -- Buenos Suertes mis amigos. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment