Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Day Before

Tonight marks the beginning of my adventures abroad. Sort of -- around 8:00 tonight I am driving to Philadelphia to stay at Lauren's for the night, and tomorrow we head to Philadelphia airport to depart for Madrid!

I think I would be more excited if the fatigue I feel wasn't so overbearing. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in the past four days, however, I know the excitement is trying very hard to surface.

I spent the night at Monmouth with Chris (doing his homework) and woke up at 7:30 when he had to leave for Class. I came home figured since I was up I mine as well be productive, ergo, I drove myself to the nail salon. I figured I should take advantage of the $25 mani/pedi weekday package while I'm still here... I suppose the adventurous side of me is starting to come out already since I opted to stray from my typical shade of pink choice and chose LAVENDER for my nails. Woah.

I met my mom and Aunt Georgia for brunch and then came home to finish some more errands. It's 2:30 now and I'm ready for a nap ... ( I think I'll be able to get used to the whole siesta thing once I'm in Spain! )

I really can't wait to be in Spain. I've always been intrigued by Spanish culture and I think it will be the experience of a lifetime to immerse myself in it. Not being one who usually strays far from my usual routines, I am proud of myself for biting the bullet and leaving home for almost two months -- I know it's going to be a shock at first but I'm hoping to come home refreshed and enlightened -- I plan on posting as much as I can so follow me on my European summer vacation :)


Anyway, I better get back to productivity, 8PM will get here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment