Friday, June 25, 2010

El Prado y Reina Sofia

Today we visited two museums muy famosa: El Prado y Reina Sofia. The first being filled with classical art (El Grecco, Valezquez, Goya, etc) and the second being a museum of contemporary art (Picasso, Dali, etc.) I liked El Prado best.

Before the museums the hotel provided us a gorgeous, fresh breakfast. Fresh squeezed kiwi, mango, and orange juices were available as well as hot churros, thing sliced chorizo, pudding and assorted breads/pastries. It was amazing. (Although the first thing I thought was "Chris would be very disappointed with this breakfast I could practically hear him saying "What the hell where's the rest of the food? How bout some eggs and pancakes?" ...)


We walked around for awhile during our free time between museums, it was really hot but the streets are so beautiful I don't mind. We found a restuarant for lunch that sold a lot of American food (nachos, mozzarella sticks, hamburgers, hotdogs, ...) but I feel like while I'm here I might as well try as many new things as I can! My sandwich was called the "Vitamina" and it had cheese, pineapple, spanish bacon, lettuce and the ripest red tomato I ever had on rye bread. Deliciosa. We also ordered the freshest smoothies I've ever tasted .. mine was called "bora bora" with coconut, mango and peaches.



After a much needed siesta, the Spain v Chile game is on and you can hear the city's reactions everywhere you go! I can't wait to go out tonight to celebrate!

Tomorrow we leave for Toledo at 9am followed by a walking tour of the city and another orientation. Saturday we leave for Barcelona!! I am so excited to meet my Senora and quit living out of my suitcase!
I probably won't have much time to update until Sunday or Monday (or even Tuesday) but feel free to e-mail me! (Myelen@umd.edu)

No comments:

Post a Comment