Friday, June 18, 2010

Less than 5 days

until I'm en route to Barcelona.

Ever since my first Spanish class in the sixth grade with Sra. Ovalles-Santos, I claimed my favorite name of all time to be "Rafael." Friends would laugh when I announced I would be naming my first son Rafael (I have since come to my senses and will only name my son Rafael if his father is hispanic - sensible.)

This week I found out the name and location of my homestay family for the duration of my visit in Barcelona. I will be living with one Senora (retired, with plenty of experience in hosting international students - let's hope she speaks some English!) in her three bedroom, two bath, apartment in the city. Her name is Rafaella. Fate? I think so.


I'm excited, nervous, and anxious (although mostly excited) for the six weeks I am about to spend over seas ... I can't help but stress out a little over all the things I need to accomplish in the next 120 hours. The following list is more for my sake than yours, so bear with me.

- Go to Verizon to activate my phone for over-seas use
- Similarly, buy some sort of international calling card
- Do at least two more loads of laundry
- Pack.
- Do my nails
- Survive my sister's graduation party (tomorrow...and my mom pulled her back... should be fun...)
- Help Chris with his final paper for his summer class (it's due the day after I intend to arrive in Madrid, obviously he's trying to have it finished whilst I'm still in the country.)
- Practice my Spanish (ay dios mio ... no le recuerdo nada )
- Find a ride to Philadelphia airport on June 23rd?!

Yes, these things all need to be accomplished before Wednesday - amongst others.

I'm also debating starting a separate blog dedicated solely to postings of all things Spain. This blog was kind of a trial run to see how this whole blogging phenomenon works and how I like it (I love it.) Maybe if I have time within the next five days I'll create a new Spain-only blog (I tend to have more ambitions than time to accomplish them so we'll see.)

Hasta luego xx

No comments:

Post a Comment