Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lentejuelas

Whenever I come back from shopping, Rafaela asks me to show her what I bought. Similarly, she makes us show her what we are wearing every night before we go out so she can give us her opinion on our outfits. Yesterday, when I showed her a new shirt (a 3 euro gray tank top with sparkles, I can hear you groaning already, Em...) she responded, "A ti te gusta las lentejuelas!"
Huh?
She pointed to the sequins on my shirt and explained that lentajuelas are sequins or sparkles on clothing. Well duh, I love las lentejuelas! How observant of you, Rafaela ;)

Today in class our Profesora asked us what our favorite word is that we have learned outside of the classroom. "Lentejuelas" was my reply. Claro que si.

Also in class today, we listened to a song called "La Camisa Negra." It's about a guy who says he wears a black shirt to symbolize his mourning for a lost love. It's ridiculously catchy and I haven't stopped singing it since so I thought I'd share it with you-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhqTtpaaFdc

No comments:

Post a Comment