Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Recap

Monday, July 12th: A day for recooperation
After a very long, very fun, weekend, I was in dire need for a slow-paced Monday. Class went by slowly after we all discussed our weekend festivities. After class, Lauren and I went to the train station to book our tickets to Alicanté on July 31st(!!!!) Two long hours in the waiting room of the train station later, we were released from train station captivity and headed in the direction of Passieg de Gracia - the upscale shopping district of Barcelona. Passieg de Gracia is one long street filled with Fifth Avenue type shopping interspersed among beautiful architecture. Two of Gaudi’s most famous (and my personal favorite) art work/architecture are located on Passieg de Gracia: La Pedrera and El Basllo. Needless to say, the stroll was simply for window shopping and photo opts. This summer study abroad trip hasn’t left me many funds for a new Louie Vouitton or Ferla bag. Nonetheless, it was a more than enjoyable afternoon. We came home to Rafaela’s pizza and went to bed soon after.

Tuesday, July 13th: Montserrat
Hacemos campana! (We played hookey, en espanol.) ...Totally worth it. See previous post. :)

Wednesday, July 14th: Today.
Today we went to class, caught up on the work we missed, and had some very interesting discussions with our Profesora Maria (I won’t go into detail, but basically, one of the girls in our class bought a book filled with cheesy pick up lines in every language. Quite comical.)

After class Lauren and I forced ourselves to go to the beach despite our exhaustion from yesterday. I’m so glad we went. The beach was less crowded than usual so we got the perfect spot next to the water where the cool breeze disguised the humid air we endured walking from class. I helped myself to a fountain diet soda (!!) and then we trekked home to shower before dinner. Dinner tonight: Paella. Deliciosa :)

Tomorrow we have a midterm (yuck) so I am going to study for the rest of the night. After our exam we will visit La Segrada Familia and explore some more neighborhoods. I can’t wait!!

Ciao xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment